Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tweaked

I've started a new Bible Study with ladies from my local Mothers of Preschoolers group and ladies from my church. Stronger by Angela Thomas has opened some doors in my relationships with these women who I am so very thankful for and Angela's heart and soul and insight give my heart and soul and insight a refreshing tweak on some things that are dormant and weak. That combined with some other words of wisdom from Kristin Armstrong in Mile Markers I've been reworking some things on the inside.

Angela's tone of voice and her inflection and sweet,sweet spirit take ideas and make them come alive. I've had this happen with certain things over the years that I've read, or speakers I've heard. Jane Austen in high school with Pride and Prejudice, Michele Cushatt at the first Hearts at Home Conference I attended, CS Lewis's Mere Christianity, Ann Voskamp's 1000 Gifts. All these things left me feeling clean and new and with a shift in perspective.

Part of what I'm working on is taking my weaknesses, my shortfalls and giving them over to to God's strength. Don't let the exterior, shiny, happy, Sunday face fool you. I'm not as brave as I'd like to be, as secure in myself as I've ever wanted to be, and more critical of myself and extensions of myself than I ever should be.

Angela's point is that Our Weakness + God's Strength = God's Glory . When we take all of our failures and give them over to God's strength, He turns them around to His glory. The more we give Him of ourselves the more of His strength He can (and will) give us. 

The best part? This was only the first week. I'm so very excited to be tweaked by this woman of God who doesn't promise to fix my life in 20 easy steps, but instead, biblically and caringly lays out the truth of God's Word for me to rediscover, water to a dry soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment